27 abril 2024

FUTURE FORMS

1. Complete the sentences with the future form of the verb in parentheses using will or be going to.

a) “How are you going home, Bella?”

“I ___ (walk) home”.

“Walk? But it’s a long way!”

“I haven’t got any money for the bus ticket”.

“Oh. Don’t worry. I ___ (lend) you some”.

b) “What are your vacation plans?”

“My friends and I ___ (go) camping on the Scottish Highlands”.

c) “Look. A bird just flew into the house!”

“Really? Open all the windows. I ___ (try) to make it fly out”.

d) Look at that car. It’s moving too fast. It ___ (cause) an accident.

e) I firmly believe that in the future people ___ (not; need) to stay in hospitals when they’re sick. They ___ (be) medicated at home.

f) There’s nothing good on TV. I ___ (turn) it off and go to bed.

 

2. Complete the dialogue below with the correct form of the Present Progressive or the Simple Present expressing future.

John:___ (you; play) cards with your parents tonight, as you always do on Thursdays?”

Andy: “No, I can’t play tonight. My sister ___ (come) back from Europe and I ___ (pick) her up at the airport. Her plane ___ (arrive) at 7 o’clock. Hey, do you want to go with me?”

John: “I can’t. I ___ (go) to a movie theater with Stella. The movie ___ (start) at 6:30 p.m.”

 

3. Complete the sentences correctly.

a) We can see that the thief

(x) will be caught.

(x) is robbing a woman.

(x) is protecting the policeman.

(x) is going to go to jail.

(x) works with a gang.

 

b) A witness is swearing on the Bible before his testimony. He promises that he

(x) is going to tell the truth.

(x) always tells the truth.

(x) is telling the truth.

(x) has told the truth.

(x) will tell the truth.

 

c) A marriage proposal usually involves the question, “Will you marry me?”. A question that means the same is



(x) “Are you planning to marry me?”

(x) “Do you want to marry me?”

(x) “Should you marry me?”

(x) “Can you marry me?”

(x) “Do you marry me?”

 

d) What can we say for sure about the concert next December 12?



(x) It will feature great rock bands.

(x) It will happen in the morning.

(x) It requires formal clothing.

(x) Entrance starts at 5 p.m.

(x) There will be no seats.

 

4. Complete each sentence using a verb in the future with will, be going to, present progressive or the simple present form of the verb in parentheses. Each form will be used only once.

a) “I need to buy a tennis racket.”

“Oh, really? Wait, I ___ (give) you mine. I can’t play tennis anymore.”

b) There’s a great movie on TV tonight. Do you want to watch it with me? It ___ (start) at 8:30.”

c) Don’t call me tonight. I ___ (go) to bed early. I have an important test in the morning.

d) “Have you made plans for the holidays?”

“Yes. We have reserved a room at a hotel in Bonito, MS.

We ___ (stay) there until the end of July.”

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...