27 abril 2024

CHANGE OF HABITS

 








1. Mark the best option to complete the sentences.

a) Japanese TV shows are not something new. In the 70’s, kids ___ National Kid, a funny superhero who had a secret identity as a schoolteacher.

(x) used to watch

(x) was watching

(x) watch

(x) did watched

(x) usually watch

b) My father ___ a cassette tape with songs that he repeated over and over in the car. I ___ him to play something else, but he ___ they were “classics”. It was very annoying.

(x) have – used to ask – didn’t use to say

(x) would have – asked – used to say

(x) did he have – did ask – would say

(x) used to have – used to ask – said

(x) did he use to have – ask – used to say

c) Who ___ your favorite character in How I Met Your Mother?

(x) were

(x) used to be

(x) would they be

(x) didn’t it use to be

(x) did you use to be

d) I learned to drive in a manual-shift car, but I soon ___ an automatic one.

(x) used to driving

(x) am used to drive

(x) was used driving

(x) got used to driving

(x) get accustomed to drive

e) Are you ___ a suit and tie to work?

( ) used to wear

( ) used to wearing

( ) get used to wearing

( ) accustomed to wear

(x) get accustomed to wear

f) ___ living in São Paulo?

(x) Did you use to

(x) Are you use to

(x) Did you get used

(x) Do you accustomed to

(x) Are you getting used to

g) Minecraft ___ my favorite video game, but now I can’t stop playing Fortnite.

(x) used to be

(x) was used to be

(x) got used to being

(x) is used to be

(x) would be

h) I can’t ___ being called “Doctor”. It’s something new for me.

(x) used to

(x) get used to

(x) was used to

(x) accustomed to

(x) getting used to

 

2. Underline the correct verb form.

a) It’s been years since I last saw Carla Franks. When we were kids, Carla and I are used to being /used to be the best of friends.

b) When I was in high school, I was getting used to studying /used to study only the day before exams. It got me in trouble many times.

c) Isn’t that the house where you used to live /got used to living before you moved?

d) It took me years to get used to /used to working at night. But now I am used to /get used to sleeping during the day.

e) As my father was used to saying / used to say, “Life only gives you back what you put in it.”

f) When I get used to /used to living in Chicago, I will invite you to stay with me for a few days.

 

3. Complete the sentences with the correct alternatives.

1. We ___ in Detroit, but now we are back in Monroe.

a) used to live

b) are used to living

c) get used to living

2. I ___ my old job’s tight schedule, so I had to quit.

a) didn’t used to

b) didn’t get used to

c) used to

3. I don’t know when they will ___ on time. They are late every class.

a) used to arrive

b) are used to arriving

c) get used to arriving

4. I ___ English books when I was in college.

a) got used to

b) didn’t use to

c) am used to

5. They ___ us twice a month when we lived near them.

a) are used to visiting

b) used to visit

c) will get used to visiting

6. I ___ away from my family, so I think I won’t adapt.

a) didn’t use to

b) am not used to working

c) get used to working









1.

a) am going to walk – will end

b) are going/are going to go

c) will try

d) is going to cause

e) won’t need/aren’t going to need – will be/are going to be

f) will turn

2. are you playing

is coming

am picking

arrives

am going

starts

3.

a) is going to go to jail.

b) will tell the truth.

c) “Do you want to marry me?”

d) Entrance starts at 5 p.m.

4.

a) will give

b) starts

c) am going/ am going to go

d) are going to stay / are staying


MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...