24 julho 2023

MODULE 18 - MINI TEST

EXERCISE 1

Copy the following table into your notebook. Then, replace each icon ⭐with an appropriate answer to learn how comparative adjectives are formed.

 


EXERCISE 2

Based on the information about the two following books, write comparative sentences in your notebook as in the example. Use the adjectives in the box.

 • long • new • old • short

  


 

EXERCISE 3

Copy the following table into your notebook. Then, replace each icon with an appropriate answer to learn how superlative adjectives are formed.

 


EXERCISE 4

Let’s learn more facts about South America! Replace each icon with an adjective in the following box. Use the superlative form.

 • dry • large • loud • populous • small


Read a short extract of Michelle Obama’s memoir.

 

When I was a kid, my aspirations were simple. I wanted a dog […] I used to tell people that when I grew up, I was going to be a pediatrician. Why? Because I loved being around little kids and I quickly learned that it was a pleasing answer for adults to hear. Oh! A doctor! What a good choice! […] I was ambitious, though I didn’t know exactly what I was shooting for.

OBAMA, Michelle. Becoming. New York: Random House, 2018. Preface.

EXERCISE 5

Look at the highlighted words in the previous exercise. In your notebook, write the best options to complete the following sentences.

a. The words highlighted in green are adjectives / verbs.

b. Adjectives / Verbs modify nouns and pronouns.

c. The words highlighted in blue are adjectives / adverbs of manner.

d. Adverbs / Adjectives modify verbs.

e. We can form many adverbs of manner by adding the prefix / suffix -ly to the adjective.

f. Adverbs and adjectives have / don’t have plural forms.

 

 EXERCISE 6

 Choose the correct alternative to complete the sentences.

a. I think this is an ___ book.

interesting

interestingly

b. She is reading a very ___ graphic novel.

nice

nicely

c. I think Davi Kopenawa writes very___

good

well

d. Let’s look at the text ___ to find the answers.

quick

quickly

e. Can you speak more ___, please?

slow

slowly

f. We have to do this activity ___.

careful

carefully

EXERCISE 7

Copy the chart into your notebook and complete it with adverbs of manner.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...