13 dezembro 2023

A DIFFERENT WORKPLACE

EXERCISE AUDIO


A. Listen to a short text about a different workplace and assign T (for True) or F (for False):

  1. (     ) The man felt quite comfortable during his interview.

  2. (     ) The man got to his appointment on the dot.

  3. (     ) When he got to the office, people were really busy doing their work.

  4. (     ) Later he noticed he had gotten into the wrong place.

  5. (     ) The guy who was playing with a dog was actually his future boss.

  6. (     ) His future boss was very informal talking to him.

  7. (     ) The man found the company rules very strict and demanding.

  8. (     ) No pets or extra activities were allowed within the workplace.

  9. (     ) The future boss showed him his job and his schedule.

10. (     ) The man went to the interview wearing informal clothes.

 

 

B. Listen to the recording again and fill in the missing words:

Have you ever felt like a fish out of water? That’s _______________ how I felt during my job _______________ yesterday.

I wanted to make a good _______________ so I had my hair cut and put on my best _______________ and shoes. My appointment was at 11 o’clock so I got there at 10:45. To my surprise, there was nobody in the office except for a girl standing on her head, reading a magazine and a guy in shorts, a _______________ T-shirt and sandals lying on a _______________. I was about to ask him for Mr. Williams when an enormous black dog came into the room and started jumping around him.

______________________________, I was wondering if I wasn’t in the wrong place. ____________________ looked more a game room or family room than a workplace. But the greatest shock was ______________________________.

The guy who was playing with the dog _____________________ to be my future boss, Mr. Williams. He couldn’t be more than 25 years old. And the first thing he said was, “Call me Pete.” Then he explained that in his company the _______________ didn’t have regular working hours or ______________________________ to wear formal clothes. If having their pet beside them _______________ their production, they could bring their dogs or cats to the office. The only thing that he asked was that the job should be done within _______________.

I still haven’t gotten over the experience and I’m not sure I can get used to so much _______________. Maybe I’m not _____________________________ working there.







Biography – Mauricio de Sousa

F – F – T – F – F – F – F – T – T


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...