30 julho 2023

IF CLAUSE III (PAST UNREAL)

 




EXERCISE 1

Follow the model.

I didn’t find their address, so I didn’t send them an invitation.

If I had found their address, I would have sent them an invitation.

a) She didn’t buy the tickets in time, so she couldn’t come to the concert with us.

b) My father wasn’t at home last night because he had an important meeting at the office.

c) Janet didn’t go to school last Monday because she was sick.

d) Mr. Jenkins drove his car carelessly. He crashed into a tree.

e) I left my pajamas at home, so I couldn’t sleep at Pam’s.



EXERCISE 2

People are talking about their pasts and how different individuals and events changed their lives. Write the hypothetical conditionals based on what really happened.

Example: Cindy went to Cartagena on her vacation. That’s where she met Lucas.

If Cindy hadn’t gone to Cartagena, she wouldn’t have met Lucas.

a) Lucas went to law school. Because of that, he didn’t go to medical school.

b) Martha had Mr. Torres as a teacher. Because of him, she passed the SAT with the highest scores.

c) Barbara married Tom. Because of him, she moved to New York.

d) Cristine knew how to speak French and Spanish. That’s why she got a job in a big company.

e) Pablo moved to Arizona. That’s where he learned to ride a horse.



EXERCISE 3

Rewrite the sentences keeping the same meanings.

a) She studied for the test. She did an excellent test.

If she ________ for the test, she ________ an excellent test.

b) Michael didn’t miss the bus. He arrived at the office in time.

If Michael ________ the bus, he ________ at the office in time.

c) I received an allowance as a teenager. I could go to the movies every month.

If I ________ an allowance as a teenager, I ________ to the movies every month.

d) Melissa didn’t travel to Malta before 2017. She didn’t see the Azure Window before it collapsed.

If Melissa ________ to Malta before 2017, she  ________ the Azure Window before it collapsed.




















Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...