06 setembro 2021

PRESENT PERFECT x SIMPLE PAST

 

- Read the text below and identify the words that indicate. Then fill in the blanks using the verbs in parentheses in the correct tense and form (Present Perfect x Simple Past).

 

Dear Pamela,

I ___________________ (have) a lot of fun since I arrived here. It is a wonderful seaside city. I definitely recommend it.

I ___________________ (get) here three weeks ago, and I ___________________ (visit) so many beautiful places these past few days. You should come and see it for yourself. Last week, I ___________________ (go) to Fisherman’s Wharf. It is the waterfront community.

I ___________________ (eat) the freshest seafood and ___________________ (meet) very friendly people there. I also visited the Golden Gate Bridge. It ___________________ (be) a great adventure! I ___________________ (rent) a comfortable bike and ___________________ (ride) over the Golden Gate bridge path. The view was extraordinary!

Did you know that San Francisco offers the best shopping in the world? The problem is that I am a compulsive shopper, you know, I can’t control myself. I ___________________ (spend) too much money this week. I ___________________ (be) here for three weeks and I ___________________ (buy) around fifty items so far. Well… I hope to have enough money to visit Chinatown, the largest Chinese community outside Asia.

Well, Pamela. I ___________________ (have) great fun here, but I ___________________ (be) feeling a little homesick lately.

I ___________________ (not/talk) to my mom because she ___________________ (be) traveling since I left home. I ___________________ (try) to talk to her for the past three days, but I ___________________ (get) her voice mail only. If you meet her, please tell her that I will be home soon and that I love her.

Love,

Shirley

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...