11 julho 2024

SOME, ANY, NO (INDEFINITE PRONOUNS)

 



1. Complete with some, any or no.

a) Manatees don’t have ____ natural predators.

b) ____ leopards are solid black as a result of melanism.

c) Seahorses have ____ teeth and stomach.

d) ____ animals can never be domesticated.

e) A sphinx is a cat with ____ fur.

f) ____ of the first rhinos didn’t have horns.

g) Hyenas may have ____ canine resemblance, but they are more closely related to cats.

h) Goats don’t have ____ upper teeth.

 

2. Complete the sentences with some, any or no.

There isn’t ____ clear agreement as to whether animals should have rights or not. But these rights teach us that things are morally wrong to do to them.

People who are for animal rights assume that ____ animals should be used for experiments, food, clothes, medicine, hard work, hunting, or entertainment.

____ problems legitimate animal rights because, as philosophers say, animal rights are limited to humans. Another problem is arguing that not all animals would have rights, but only ____ “higher” or “mentally normal” ones, specifically adult mammals (one year old or more).

For the people who are against animal rights, the most important arguments are: animals don’t think, and were put on earth to serve human beings. Moreover ____ animals have a soul.

 

3. This is a picture of the city zoo. Look at it and answer with complete sentences.



a) Are there any leopards in the zoo?

b) Are there any zebras in the zoo?

c) Are there any hyenas in the zoo?

d) Are there any camels in the zoo?

e) Are there any giraffes in the zoo?

f) Are there any lionesses in the zoo?







4. Complete the sentences with the compounds of some, any or no.

a) He needs ____ to drink.

b) There isn’t ____ in the oven.

c) ____ one loves Japanese food like we do.

d) Salt excess isn’t good for ____.

e) There’s ____ like food from home.

f) Would you like to go ____ to eat?

g) Do you usually eat ____ sweet in the morning?

h) You should eat ____ at the mall.

i) I’ll have dinner ____ but at grandma’s.

j) I can have lunch ____, as long as they have fries.

k) ____ could help me with the cooking.

l) Do you know ____ who likes raw meat?

 

5. Choose the correct alternatives.

a) Would you like to eat some / anybody / nothing cookies?

b) Could I have anybody / no / something to drink?

c) I didn’t go somewhere / anywhere / anything last weekend.

d) You can buy anyone / somebody / any video games you want.

e) No one / Nowhere / Someone wanted to go the movies with me. I went alone.

f) We’re would do nowhere / some / anything to win the competition.

 

6. Complete using some, any, no and their compounds.

I have ________ very important to tell you, but remember: _______ may know anything about it. It’s confidential.

I think there was an attempted invasion in my house yesterday. It was 11 p.m. There wasn’t ________ in the house with me. I started hearing to some sounds outside, but as I saw people ________, I decided not to move. Suddenly I heard ________, a creature, trying to open the front door. There wasn’t ________ I could escape to. I tried to make no noise. It was dark, so ________ would see me. Well, everything ended up well. I wasn’t seen by ________, but I couldn’t sleep after that, so I had to take medicine. Was I delirious? Was it a monster or an alien? A person? The only thing I know is that there isn’t ________ pizza in the refrigerator, and I had a terrible stomachache in the morning.

 

 

7. Choose the right alternatives to complete the blanks.

a) There is ____ outside. I keep hearing ____ noises.

somebody; some

anybody; no

somewhere; some

b) The fox wants ____. I think he wants to go ____.

somewhere; anywhere

something; somewhere

anything; anywhere

c) Did ____ see the salt? I can find it ____ in the kitchen.

any; nothing

somebody; anywhere

anybody; nowhere

d) He has ____ reasons to say ____ bad about me.

some; nothing

no; anything

anything; some

e) ____ bought vegetables and ____ is fresh enough to make a salad.

Nobody; nothing

Anybody; anything

Somebody; no

 

 







1.

a) a few

b) much

c) How many

d) lots of

e) very little

f) few

g) many

h) a little

2.

a) How much – much - a little

b) How many – many - a few

c) How many – many - a few

d) How much - much - a little


MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...