25 novembro 2023

EXPRESSIONS OF AGREEMENT

We use SO, TOO, EITHER and NEITHER to say that someone or a situation is the same as another.

 

AFFIRMATIVE STATEMENT

I like coffee.

person + AUX + TOO

John does too.

SO + AUX + person

So does John.

 

NEGATIVE STATEMENT

My friend wasn’t at school.

person + AUX (neg) + EITHER

The teacher wasn’t either

NEITHER + AUX + person

Neither was the teacher.

 

Express agreement for the following sentences:

a) David didn’t go to the club.            Sheilla ____________________.

b) Helen isn’t a nurse.                         Her husband ______________.

c) I can speak three languages.            __________________ my cousins.

d) I don’t like horror movies.              ____________________ Steve.

e) My sister made a cake.                    My mother _________________.

f) Sam won’t travel in December.       __________________ Patrick.

g) Stella loves pink.                             __________________ Kate.

h) They are at school now.                  My son ____________________.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

MATÉRIA RELACIONADA AO LIVRO "CEM ANOS DE SOLIDÃO"

  Massacre das Bananeiras: conheça história real que inspirou “Cem Anos de Solidão ” O governo colombiano, para proteger uma empresa dos E...